Friday, November 29

nursery progress, finally!

we have finally started working on the nursery!!! which is good because we're approximately 10 weeks away from baby roo's appearance...

we cleared the room & blessedly covered up that awful grayish lavender paint on the walls! [if you want to see how it looked before as a guest room with purple walls, you can view our post on the nursery design.]

[view from the hallway]

[view of the west wall & some of the north wall]

[view of the north wall]

[view of the east wall & some of the south wall]

[view of the south wall & some of the west wall]

the above picture is probably the most accurate representation of the paint color. the wall texture really does make it look like leather in person!

[inside the closet]

 we ended up choosing behr's "peanut butter" for the walls. the closet is painted with leftover behr's "thermal spring" from the living room.

next step is painting the accent on the wall between the 2 windows where the crib will go. the below picture is the inspiration.


i'm thinking of only doing 3-5 rows of triangles centered between the two windows, & we already have behr's "farmhouse red" paint for it. shaun's next project is painting the craigslist dresser we bought in the same red. we'll keep you updated as we make progress!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Elaine said...

It looks great! Anxious to see it finished. The red will really pop against the walls.